Canada Camp Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chair Circle Games

Go down

Chair Circle Games Empty Chair Circle Games

Post by Hortons Heroes Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:26 pm

Looking to complete the list of chair mixer games...here are a few to start.

Pile Up:
Sit on chairs in a circle. One person is the announcer, and they can stand in or out of the circle. Announcer calls out something like “if you are wearing jean move three seats to the left” or “if you have green eyes move two seats to the right” and ect.. from time to time remove one or two chairs from the circle so that the circle is smaller. Soon there will be a pile up of people on just a few people’s laps.

-shuffle your buns
-one open seat with one person in the middle. Person in the middle tries to get into the open seat while the others around the open spot shuffle over to the open spot. If the person in the middle can sit in the open seat the person who was trying to get into the seat is now in the middle.

-fruit basket-
Chairs in a circle facing each other. Each person says apple, orange or banana as they go around in a circle. There are no open seats with one person in the middle. They say either apple, orange, banana or fruit basket. If they say your fruit or fruit basket you get up out of your seat and try and make it to an open seat.

-wack the dog-
it’s a game of hot potato with names. If you get wacked while you are supposed to be passing the name you become the person in the middle. Game starts with a person standing, they say their name and the name of someone else “Phil, Dave” Dave then stands up and says his name and someone elses “Dave, Rachel” then Rachel…well you get the idea. If the “IT” person whacks someone then they are now the IT person

-screaming Viking-
There are a few different things players need to know before they start this game.
Screaming Viking-middle person makes horns on there head while the two outside people paddle on the outside of the boat
Bowl of Jello-middle person wiggles like jello while the two outside people make a bowl around them
Picture frame-middle person strikes a pose while the two outside people make a frame
Elephant-middle person makes a trunk and elephant sound while the two outside people make ears
Palm tree-middle person waves their hands in the air while the two outside people make themselves in to palm leaves
Person in the middle points to one person, says one of the above then starts counting down from 10 to 0. The person pointed at is the middle person while the two side folks do their job. If one of the three doesn’t do the action required or if they do it wrong they become the person who is IT

-musical chairs-
there is one less seat then people. Chairs face out, while music goes players walk around the chair circle. When the music stops players try and get into an open seat. Person who does not make it into a seat is out and one chair is taken away.

I have never:
for this game everyone is to sit on chairs in a circle. There is one less chair then there are people. One person is in the middle and they say I have never ___________ (fill in the blank) and then those who have done whatever it is that the person hasn’t, must get up and trade chairs. (some examples of things that people may never have done are, I have never.. swam in the ocean, dyed my hair blue(trust me, most of them have!), worn skate shoes, ect.)
Hortons Heroes
Hortons Heroes

Number of posts : 130
Organization Name : Ness Lake Bible Camp
Postion : Program Director
Name : Dave Horton
Registration date : 2007-12-20

http://nlbc.bc.ca/

Back to top Go down