Canada Camp Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ooter and Dooter-Ness Lake Bible Camp

Go down

Ooter and Dooter-Ness Lake Bible Camp Empty Ooter and Dooter-Ness Lake Bible Camp

Post by Hortons Heroes Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:30 pm

Adventurers that have been all over the world and have pictures of themselves photo shopped in crazy places. Have been everywhere but can’t seem to find the incredible adventure. Mid week it shots of them trying everything like the jungle swing, zipline and skiing behind the boat. End of the week with parents it’s shots of them with kids and serving each other. I AM OOTER AND I AM DOOTER WE ARE THE INCREDIVENTURERS. In the end they are unhappy with the things at camp and are looking for more to life. Program person tells them about life and life to the full. That God has good and perfect plans for us, they include playing and going on big adventures but the biggest adventure is getting to know him.
Two explorers are in search of the incredible adventure. They are in a race for everything that they do.
Characters-
Ooter-smart one of the two. Big back packs, brown shorts, white shirt etc
Dooter-same out fit but with a really big beard

Day 1
In the rose bowl for the first meal
Ooter-Me first, me first! I have to be the first
Dooter-COMES FLYING OUT OF THE SIDE OF THE STAGE AND TACKLES OOTER. Me! Me I was here first. I totally touched the stage before you did.
Ooter-You little sneak you totally did not! I was right here when you tackled me
Dooter-Don’t make me go pots and pans on your backpack… I was first and everyone here saw it
THE TWO GET RIGHT IN EACH OTHERS FACES AND START PUSHING EACH OTHER AROUND.
Worship Folk- Hey hey break it up you two…there is no reason to treat each other like this..what is going on here.
Ooter-This man…if you can call him that. Was trying to steal my title as the greatest explorer. I totally got here first and now he is trying to say that I didn’t.
Dooter-You little sneak! You always do this. The last time I was climbing to the top of Mount Huge-mung-ous he tried to came up and said that it was him first.
Ooter-that’s not true, ever since we were kids he’s always said that he’s first but really it’s me! I have the photos to prove it too!
Worship Folk- You two have known each other since you were kids? Sounds like we need to settle this a different way, you said that you had pictures? Can you bring them to chapel tomoorw? And you too Dooter, bring whatever you have to prove that you made it first and we’ll settle this then.
Together-Sounds good…I said it first….
They walk off arguing the whole time.

Day 2
The two run in together pushing each other down and running over top of each other.
Ooter-Well Dooter get ready for a shaming because here comes the proof that it was me who has been doing every great adventure first!
Dooter-I would warn you now Ooter…I have gotten photos of me in every place that I have gotten to first so get yourself ready.
PICS COME UP FOR EACH PLACE WITH ONE OF THE TWO PHOTOSHOPPED IN THE PHOTO. FIRST SHOT HAS ON THEN THE NEXT HAS THE OTHER CHARACTER. IN EACH PHOTO THEY ARE NEAR BUT NEVER AT THE TARGET. TALK ABOUT EACH PHOTO THEN THE PROGRAM PERSON INTERUPTS AND ASKS WHY THEY COULDN’T MAKE IT TO THE TOP. THE CHARACTER THEN SAYS “I GOT SO CLOSE BUT I COULDN’T DO THE LAST PART ALONE”
Pyramids
Great wall
Mount Everest
Eiffel Tower
Inca’s
South Pole
African Safari
Statue of Liberty
Loch Ness
Big Ben
Golden Gate
Disney Land
White House

Program-so by the looks of it neither of you made it to any of the places that you said you did.
Together-sure I did…well sort of…not really I guess.
Ooter-well let’s settle this right now! At free time we’ll go and do all of the free time activities…
Dooter-well get someone to take pictures of us doing the stuff and whoever has the most photos will win.
Ooter-sounds fair…see you at free time.

Day 3
Two characters run in pushing each other down and climbing over each other again.
Pictures of them doing things here at camp. Canoeing, ziplining, flat happy, rocketry, etc As they go through the pics they look happier and happier doing things together. They talk about how they could not do things without the other person there to help them.
Zipline-catching
Canoeing-steer and paddle
Tumblers-weigh each other out
Jungle swing-helping each other with harnesses
Climbing-belay and climb
Program-well after all that what was the total of who finished what first.
BOTH LOOK SHEEPISH
Ooter-well…there MUTTERS…it was a tie
Program-WHAT!
Dooter-yah…with us helping each other we got exactly the same.
Ooter-I still think that he cheated!
Dooter-Well I think you cheated too! You always do.
THEY STORM OUT FIGHTING AGAIN AND RACING TO SEE WHO CAN MAKE IT OUT OF THE CHAPEL FIRST.
Day 4
Together-HELPING EACH OTHER OUT THEY GET ONTO THE STAGE AND MAKE A BIG DEAL OF OUT HELPING EACH OTHER.
Program-you know for how much you guys seem to not like doing things together it sure seems like you had allot of fun yesterday.
Dooter-well you know…we’ve been thinking
Ooter-Yah…you know that two days ago…that was the first time I have finished anything…ever
Dooter-yah me too!
Program-are you crying?
Ooter-maybe…I mean no I am an angry mountain climber!
Dooter-I have lived a life of lies! I have been so competitive all these years that I forgot what it meant to look after your friends.
Ooter-See me and Dooter used to be the best of friends, but when we started competing and then we starting treating each other like dirt
Dooter- I am so sorry Ooter…I never meant to hurt your feelings it just felt so good to win
Ooter-Oh Dooter I have been so mean to you…remember that time someone filled your pack with angry squirrels?
Dooter-yah
Ooter-it was me all along!
Dooter-do you remember that time you were chased down a hill by a pack of sheep!
Ooter-you did that to me!
Dooter-no, it just happened but I laughed really hard!
Ooter-you know I have a great idea…
Program.-what’s that…
Dooter-Why don’t we tell you tomorrow!
Program-Sounds good, I’ll see you then

Day 5
Together-SINGING SONGS AND WALKING PROUDLY
Worship-Hey you two where are you going?
Dooter-well we’ve decided that…I can’t even say it I’m so excited
Ooter-well then let me tell him, we’ve decided to call off our life long competition against each other and to start to work as a team.
Dooter-Yah we thought since neither one of us had ever accomplished anything on our own and we has just tried to make each other fail that it was time for us to start working as a team and get something done.
Ooter-First thing we are going to do is go back and get to the top of all the things that we failed to get to on our own. SHOWING PICS OF ALL THE TIMES THEY HAVE FAILED.

Program-that sounds great! What an awesome idea.
Dooter-we found something in those Bibles you gave out. It said
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down his friend can help him up.
Ooter-We know that alone we failed and couldn’t do anything but together we can go and accomplish anything we set our minds to.
Dooter-we just came to say thanks for helping us out and that you kids were such a great example to us.
Ooter-We have never seen such great team work as these teams
Program-tell you what seeing as everyone did so well this week lets read out the points for the week…
Hortons Heroes
Hortons Heroes

Number of posts : 130
Organization Name : Ness Lake Bible Camp
Postion : Program Director
Name : Dave Horton
Registration date : 2007-12-20

http://nlbc.bc.ca/

Back to top Go down