Canada Camp Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some of Ness Lakes ideas

Go down

Some of Ness Lakes ideas Empty Some of Ness Lakes ideas

Post by Hortons Heroes Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:08 pm

If anyone solves followup they deserve the nobel peace prize. Here are a few things we are doing right now and the reasons why.

September-PG has a really good youth ministerial and they have a rally every two months. They allow us to run the content and whatnot of the first event as a kick off for the school year. We send invites with our reciepts that go out after camp to parents. We added a short powerpoint presentaion that had the info and contact for each youth group intown. We had our leaders and the youth pastor come up so kids could recognize which church their leader went to.

DVD-Added a church finder which was short interviews with the youth and childrens workers, Summer Team and my self to the DVD's. The churches were more than happy to come out during out staff training to film as they know these DVD's go into the homes of hundreds of kids. It shows the kids what church their leader is going to and who the workers at that church are. The menu has the different parts of town listed so kids can find the churches in their area. This way by inviation as there are some churches we did not want to connect kids with for various reasons.

Schools-PG also has some decent school presense with Youth for Christ and Child Evangelism Fellowship. For Sept and part of Oct I would go into the highschools with the YFC director and the youth pastors from those areas. As kids recognize me as the face of camp I would introduce them to the youth pastor and try to hype their coming events. This has seen the most visible sucess and was greatly appreciated by the youth pastors. CEF runs afterschool clubs and I attend one near my church trying to encourage kids to get connected with our church.

Mail-We give out David and Jonathan mail box club stuff near the end of the week with a short promo telling kids that they can get $$$ off of camp and other prizes by doing the club. The classic of camp-we mail out a letter from their summer leader with the next years brochure and other off season camp info in Jan. The reconnects kids with their leader (even though the leader wrote the letter in the summer) and gets them excited about the coming events.

Camps-we run off season camps for each age group that attends in the summer with the purpose being more discipleship focus and giving kids personal invitations to check out your church. These camps run friday night to sunday after lunch.

Bible Studies-our work crew program (grade 9-11 who pay to clean toilets, dishes etc) we run a weekly Bible study for them. We do not run a study for leaders as we find camp staff are clicky enough and need to be encouraged to get involved in healthy churches and not just camp.

Just a few thoughts.
Hortons Heroes
Hortons Heroes

Number of posts : 130
Organization Name : Ness Lake Bible Camp
Postion : Program Director
Name : Dave Horton
Registration date : 2007-12-20

http://nlbc.bc.ca/

Back to top Go down